Upgrading from Contextual 2.x SDKs and Guides to Contextual 3.0¶
Contextual 3.0 offers significant improvements in functionality and also targeting reliability, these features are not available in 2.x and you are strongly encouraged to upgrade at your earliest convenience. This document advises considerations when starting the upgrade.
What you need to do¶
- In your IOS/Android/ReactNative/Web apps, where you integrated our SDK, your developer must replace all occurrences of “Pointzi” with “Contextual”. Refer to the dashboard settings for the latest installation instructions.
- Users can use Contextual to show their codes to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Please refer to Extensibility and GuideBlocks
- Users should target the right user with the right SDK.
- If you have a mix of 2.x and 3.x users you will need to create duplicate guides and target accordingly.
- The Dashboard should help with this SDK target selection.
Improved screen object targeting¶
- The users should select what SDK they’re creating a guide for and if they don’t have screenshots they should upload new ones.
- 2.x screenshots are not compatible with 3.x SDK users and vice versa
- Accessibility can now optionally be used to give higher targeting accuracy for dynamic elements. Please refer to Accessibility Identifiers for Targeting